Friday, May 2, 2008

Late-fee Challenge Getting Off To A Bad Start

Well, my challenge started yesterday (May 1) and already, I've failed. Yep, I've failed, failed, failed!!! If only my kids hadn't gotten sick, and I could have gotten to the library and movie store on Wednesday....Then the late fees would have been on April's tab, and not May's. But, alas, that didn't happen. I take my overdue library books and pay $8.30 in late fees - and find out two books I have couldn't be renewed because a hold was on them so they are going to be late now. And that is just the late fees on MY library card - I haven't even sorted out the problem of my DD's $20 late fees or my DS's card that has over $7.00 in late fees on it. Then I went to the movie store and had $6.XX worth of late fees. So a total of almost $15.00 of late fees on the first day of my challenge. Wow, what a way to start.

This is sooooo NOT frugal! Do you see what I'm talking about? How much money I'm wasting because of late fees????? That's $15 I could have used at yard sales or Stampin' Up or groceries! Wasteful...

I'm in the process of getting a system together to combat this problem. And it IS a problem. I'm looking at FlyLady and Sidetracked Home Executives. I'm trying to combine the two systems into my own personalized system that will work for me. I'll try and post when I figure it out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't let it stop you, girl! It's just the Enemy trying to convince you that you can't meet your goals. He knows you can better serve the Lord once you get organized.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?