Thursday, July 24, 2008

"That IS our medium-well!"

Preach and I went out to eat for my birthday to Carabba's. It was an interesting experience, to say the least. Here's a run-down of what happened:

I order a big ol' steak. The only reason I get it is because right before we left, I discovered my fingernails are getting these indentions or dips in them. I look it up on the internet, gagging over all the gross fingernail pictures, and self-diagnose myself as anemic. So I order a steak to get some iron in my body.

The waiter asks how I want it cooked. I usually order well-done, but decide that since I am paying so much for it, I don't want to risk it being tough, so I order medium-well. The waiter says, "So you want it a line of pink in the middle with brown on the outside?" Sounds good to me.

We get our steaks. I cut into the outside, and see nothing BUT pink! It looks like it's raw from top to bottom. I guess I looked funny because a waitress runs over to me.

Waitress: "Is your steak cooked okay?"

Me: "Um, I don't know. I ordered medium-well. Is this medium-well?"

Waitress: "Yes, that's our medium-well."

Me: "Oh."

So I decide to try and eat it. But I decide to check the middle first. I cut into it, and ...there is BLOOD! I immediately gag, and say, "Ohmygosh.Ohmygosh. I-think-I'm-gonna-throw-up!" This apparently is heard by many, because someone who looks like a manager runs up to me, and asks if there is something wrong with my steak.

Me: "There is BLOOD in it!"

Manager: "How did you order it?"

Me: "Medium-Well"

Manager: "That IS our medium-well!"

Me: "I'm sorry, but I can't eat BLOOD!"

Manager: "We can cook it some more for you."

So I agree to let them cook it for me. He was giving me some attitude about it, like I was an idiot for not knowing that it was THEIR medium-well. But he did come back and say that it was more like medium.

I was so embarassed! He made me feel like an idiot. And unfortunately, we were sitting right beside of the kitchen. I could just feel all of the cooks just staring at me. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?? And shouldn't the manager have been a little more nicer to me considering that their restaurant was only 1/3 full?? I've heard that the restaurants are having a hard time during this "recession". So, wouldn't it stand to reason that they would be NICE to the customers when their steaks are not COOKED like they are supposed to be???

(sigh) I never want to go back there. So note to my friends: Don't ever invite me to go to Carabba's to eat!! LOL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh NO!! That's just not right. Wonder what medium rare would have looked like?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite restraunt! I'm surprised they weren't nicer. Maybe it was a new manager? Gosh, I'd hate to see their rare steaks! They probably moo at you!
    Happy late birtday :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?