Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Frugal finds......and not-so-frugal finds

Sorry I've been MIA for a while....You'll see why in a sec.

I wanted to post some frugal finds...

1) This is the reason I've been gone for so long from blogging....we got a new puppy!! She is a yellow Lab, and she was FREE!! Yes, you heard me right. A family member let us have one for free. She is 7 weeks old, and so roly-poly and squishy and soft, that you can't help but hug her! I will post pics as soon as I upload my pics from my camera. We named her Honey, because of her coloring (honey- colored). After we named her, I thought of another reason that "Honey" was a good name - my DH raises bees!! Anyway, Honey has kept us busy, busy, busy.

2) I went to Publix last night, and saved quite a bit of money. I am going to do another post just on that, but I wanted to alert you to a deal that will expire TODAY - so go and take advantage while you can.

The Kid Cuisine frozen dinners are B1G1 Free. Here, they are $1.89 each, so that makes them .95 cents each with the sale. At that, they are a good price, because I have never seen them that cheap before. My kids love them, but don't get them a lot because they are so expensive. Well, Publix has a blinkie right in front of them for a coupon for .75/2. That makes them about .58 cents each!! I got a bunch, just to have for a treat occasionally, or to have when we are needing to eat quick to go to soccer practice or when I am out of lunch meat/bread. Oh, BTW, Kroger also has these blinkies in the frozen food section! So if your Publix doesn't, then run to Kroger and grab a few!

I also bought a not-so-frugal product....

I used a Dillards gift card that I got for Christmas to buy me some foundation make-up. I have been using Lancome Teint Idole for a while now, and I love it for my oily skin. It really stays on well, and doesn't turn orange when I sweat (if you have oily skin, then you know what I'm talking about here!). Lancome was having one of those deals where you get a free gift with purchase. I was totally out of foundation and was using some L'Oreal I had that made my face look like an oil slick after a couple of hours of putting it on. I told the sales lady what I wanted, and paid for my make-up with the gift card. When she told me how much I had left on the GC, I felt absolutely sick over what I had just paid for make-up! I had paid, with tax, about $42!!!! That is SO not frugal!!

So what do you think? Do you think it's okay to splurge on an item you really love when you try to be frugal on everything else? I have really tried to find over-the-counter foundation that works as well as Lancome (L'Oreal and Lancome are made by the same company, and L'Oreal is supposed to be comparable to Lancome, but in my opinion, the foundation is NOT) but I just can't find anything. I guess I could shop around and find a cheaper foundation like from Clinique or something. But if I don't like it, wouldn't that be wasteful?

Whaddya think?

2 comments:

  1. Dang. Two weeks in a row I've missed the penny items and sales that ended on a Monday. I've got to get with it! Doing my Krogering tomorrow. Hopefully some good sales will shake out.

    Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - if you're kids are like mine they could eat Kid Cusine everyday and be happy! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?